Chocolate Bundt Cake (vegan, gluten-free)
A great recipe for a reasonably healthy cake, perfect for your luteal phase if you're eating cyclically
- 2/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup black rice flour
- 1/2 cup millet flour
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- ¼ cup date sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp seasalt
- 2 flax eggs 2Tbs ground flax + 6Tbs water
- 1 cup peanut butter or other nut butter
- 2/3 cup coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 pears washed and cored (you can leave the skin on)
- 1 courgette roughly chopped
- ¾ cup sweetener maple syrup or agave
- 100 ml strong coffee espresso or instant is ok
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 190C. Add flax seed and water to a bowl and whisk, set aside for now.
- Whisk all your dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add all your wet ingredients to a blender, including the flax eggs, and blend until smooth.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix to combine.
- Pour the cake batter into a well greased bundt pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until you can poke it with a skewer and it comes out clean.
Note: you can mix up your flours to see what works for you – instead of black rice flour you could use brown rice flour, or white if you have nothing else. Quinoa flour would work instead of millet flour. Same with sweeteners – you could use a coconut sugar instead of date, or just a plain organic brown sugar. Try apples instead of pears if that’s what you have.